Working on your Spiritual-self is a life-long journey
Besides your physical, mental, emotional, and soul energies, your personal energy also incorporates your spiritual energy. It is this energy that radiates from you and signals the world what kind of person you are. Whether you are sweet and loving. Cold and distant. Gentle and listening. Wise and careful with the people around you.
When you are spiritually aligned, your body is glowing and you transform into the kind of person who:
- Perceives the world with no prejudices & is actually AMAZED from the world;
- You also obtain: A greater sense of community and ability to guide;
- Purpose and meaning in life and sense of greater good;
- Your presence in the room is special, like a candle. People want to hear more from you, as you are the light in the room.
Don’t go thinking that only the great masters of life will manifest all of this. Remember that even the great masters started at the apprentice level, and they likely engaged in the following 3 activities to get there (and so can you):
1. They learned from the ancients
Our very distant ancestors left a great heritage to us: sacred books, words of wisdom, healing practices… all of which great resources to cultivate spirituality.
The ancients used these sources as a wheel to advance themselves and civilization itself. Use them. You don’t have to be devoted to any religion. Ancient knowledge is there to support you personally and improve your engagement with people and community.
2. Were guided by a teacher
Your spiritual energy is innate, a natural gift given to you. The BIG question is whether you manage to fully unleash this potential from inside out of yourself. When you do that, you become more attentive, compassionate, and truly engaged with the world. Is there someone who can help you and guide you in the process? Look for these 3 traits in your teacher:
- This person has genuine integrity;
- Great charisma, in the way that what they say and what they do in life is in harmony, and you want to listen to them.
- Their ego or status does not prevail over their selflessness.
3. Remained grounded (balanced and sensible)
Your spiritual energy is what helps you stay fine-tuned with reality. You know when you are fine-tuned, when:
- You don’t generate any negative projections in your surrounding, although your mind is prone to do that as a reaction to fear, unknown and uncertainty;
- You don’t aid the perception of separation, which can be problematic relationships in the family, among your friends, or in society;
- You are able to break illusions, that something is good when it’s not and vice versa.
You may experience days when it feels like you are out of your body, but in those days, remember to ground yourself again. In order not to “float out” of yourself, you must allow your body and soul feel the world entirely (which also means happiness). Perceive the world with your eyes, ears, nose, mouth, hands, feet. Walk barefoot in summer. Plant a tree. Pick some interesting, colorful stones from the beach and wake up early to see the sunrise. Can this be your new ritual?
One last tip!?
Improving your spiritual self is an ongoing journey, as long as life proceeds. You cannot boost your spirituality if you perceive it as a one-time thing or a one-month “project.” For the matter of fact, that might mean you are not spiritual at all. See spirituality as a personal evolution, where you continually absorb bits and pieces from life (knowledge, experiences, lessons) that helps you better understand your spirit or what animates it. You discover that there is a dark side to your spirit as well as there is the light one. Embrace both, but teach yourself how your light wins over your dark.
When your spirit is down, sing a song you really like. When your mind is a mess, calibrate by reading a page from what you call your source of wisdom. Engage in continual spiritual practices (as you define them) and nurture your spirituality like any other aspect of your personal energy. And always, always, even in the most bizarre, strange, weird or unwanted of circumstances, always try to be at least a little bit entertained, at least a little bit amazed by the world around you. — Stefan from Quintaum
5 Best Resources We Recommend here at Quintaum:
How to Unleash the Magnificent, Unstoppable Energy Inside You
How Millenials replaced religion with astrology and crystals
Life After a Spiritual Awakening